Join Our Team
Accepting Applications For:
Position: Safety Manager
This position develops, directs and administers all safety programs, policies and procedures associated with a Corporate Safety Department.
NOTE: Due to the sensitive nature of the information comprising this position, the Safety Director shall possess and maintain the highest caliber of professionalism in regard to ethics, confidentiality, and information security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs the company’s Corporate Safety and compliance programs
2. Develops, implements, and administers safety training programs, policies, procedures, accident mitigation strategies and Risk Management objectives
3. Ensures compliance with government mandated programs related to the corporate safety function, i.e. OSHA, EPA, DOT, NFPA, etc.
4. Responsible for maintaining corporate safety / accident records
5. Must have excellent working knowledge of federal, state and local safety laws to ensure the organization complies with all current safety regulations
6. Performs other related duties as required and assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources & Risk Management or the FAP Executive Team
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Position requires at least an Associates degree.
· Related college degree/diploma program or courses in relation to safety field is preferred
· At least one form of safety certification is required:
1. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) by Board of Certified Safety Professionals
2. Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) by American Board of Industrial Hygiene
3. North American Transportation Management Institute (NATMI) also provides as certified director of safety (CDS) certification that is also relevant to this position and preferred
· Combination of education and related experience will be considered
· Proficient in the use of computers and related software applications with (Windows-based) operating system, i.e. Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, DUTIES / ABILITIES:
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse workforce
· Skill in organizing resources while establishing timelines and priorities
· Competent in documenting policies and procedures with the ability to inspire and motivate others to adopt new processes
· Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative safety culture and work environment
· Provides oversight of safety programs through on-site inspections, review of inspections or reports performed by safety committees and/or insurance providers or through the analysis of data compiled by internal sources or insurance company representatives
· Serves as a liaison with federal, state and local regulatory authorities as needed
· Monitor and manage the allocation of safety responsibilities across the entire organization
· Knowledge of public health, safety and environmental compliance including and no limited to the Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, 29 CFR - Part 1910
· Management and oversee Hoffman’s accident investigation team to include completing investigation reports and action taken
· Responsible for the Company’s compliance with FMSCA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration), DOT (Virginia Department of Transportation) requirements including maintaining documentation to support compliance. (Drug Testing, Driver Records, medical cards, etc.)
· Ability to work independently towards collective goals
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hoffman Beverage Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Hoffman Beverage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Hoffman is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.